Guidance for Members for Stage 2 of Return to Racing
Following guidance from the RYA and the Government NBYC is starting informal racing on Sundays.
The Programme starting on the 12th of July will be as follows:
10:00 to 12:30 – Dinghy Racing
12:30 to 14:00 – River Cruiser Racing
14:00 to 16:00 – Keelboat Racing
The races will follow a similar format to Wednesday night racing i.e. will continue through these times on a back to back basis. Due to limitations, there will be no written results at this stage.
There will be supplementary Sailing Instructions which will be in force for the duration of stage 2.
These will include (with details to follow):
- Personal Flotation Devices are to be worn by all competitors at all times.
- Any capsize automatically cause retirement from the race.
- Flags will not be in use, only sound signals.
- The starting sequence will now be 5 minute and 2-minute warning with accompanying announcements.
- The starting pole will no longer be in use.
- We have introduced a maximum wind strength above which racing will not go ahead.
These changes have been put in place for the protection of those participating and for the race team.
All other club COVID guidelines remain in force and must be observed at all times.