We sometimes get asked why we use GoCardless to manage our online payments. The answer is security.
When you link your WebCollect account to GoCardless:
- No card data is stored on our servers at NBYC.
- No card data is stored on WebCollect Servers.
- When you enter your details, you are using the GoCardless servers.
- This data is encrypted at rest and in transit using strong encryption protocols.
- All transactions are covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee so if anything goes wrong with a transaction, payers are entitled to an instant refund.
Who are GoCardless?
GoCardless process more than $20bn in transactions a year.
They are authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 and has been ISO27001 certified since 2016.
You will find more details here and their security measures here
Additional benefits to you
You link your WebCollect account when you pay your first transaction with GoCardless.
From this point on, you can easily pay for events, training, race entry, subscriptions and moorings etc without having to fumble for your debit card.
With your permission, the office can take a payment on your behalf – similar to phoning up and reading out your card details (but more secure!).
For peace of mind, every transaction is acknowledged to you instantly via email. In the unlikely event of a non-authorised payment being taken you have up to 5 days to cancel that transaction.
Benefits to NBYC
We benefit from a secure, seamless payment integration into our systems helping reduce errors and increase efficiency.